Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School, Slovenia
Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School (IPS) was established in 2004 by the initiative of the Jozef Stefan Institute and with the strong support of the Slovenian National Council for Higher Education, industry (Gorenje, Kolektor, Salonit) and an international network of cooperating universities and research institutes from the European Union, USA, Japan, and many other countries.
IPS aims to achieve worldwide recognition among leading institutions providing postgraduate education in the fields of:
- Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Sensor Technologies.
IPS acts as a center of excellence that closely integrates basic research with postgraduate education and the development of innovations. Its main research areas are:
- Physics of materials, physics of elementary particles, and nuclear physics
- Inorganic chemistry
- Biochemistry, molecular and structural biology
- Material science
- Nanosciences and nanotechnologies
- Computer systems, information and communication technologies, new electronic media
- Nuclear and reactor technologies
- Rational use of energy
- Environmental sciences and technologies